Frequently Asked Questions


Q- Where do we find the Bylaws, C&Rs, Articles and other governing documents for Sunset Lakes HOA?

A- Those documents should be provided by the seller of the property at closing. If they were not or have been lost, Sentry can provide them electronically or a hard copy may be provided at a small charge. These documents are also found in the Documents section of this site. Proposed 2019 Rules & Guidelines are available now and the final copy will be added soon.

Q - In the event of a conflict in documents, what is the order of precedence for an HOA in Florida?

A - State Statutes, Declarations of Covenants & Restrictions, Articles, Bylaws, Guidelines, Rules.


Q- Where do I find a map of Sunset Lakes?

A- Maps of both Sunset Lakes and Island Estates are found in the Documents section of this site. Note these are not to scale and cannot be used for legal purposes.


Q - Who should we contact if we need to clarify or address a situation about the HOA?

A - Either the Property Management company or the board. Please be patient. Our community is large and at times responses may take longer than the 48 hour goal. The contact email for the board is   See the Management & Dues tab for information about the property manager contact.

Q- What is the difference between the Property Manager and the Board of Directors?

A-  The Property Manager manages the association; the Board governs the association.


Q- Will our dates for assessments or the amount due change?

A- The dates for our semi-annual assessments (January 1 & July 1 of each year) and the amount ($330) will stay the same for the 2018-2019 year. The amount of assessments may change when the elected board of directors raises or lowers them. 


Q- For hurricane information, how do we find the Brevard County Emergency Preparedness info?

A- .  We also have a newly formed Hurricane Committee that needs extra hands before and after hurricane events. 


Q- In the event of a non-violent emergency, who should we call?

A- The non-violent contact for the Brevard County Sheriff's Department is 321-633-7162. Our Property Manager should also be notified, as well as the board at


Q- In the event of an emergency where life or property is in imminent danger, who should we call?

A- 911 is the appropriate call for an emergency. Our Property Manager and Board should also be notified, of course.

AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon cellular phone customers in Brevard County now have the option to Text-to-9-1-1 in an emergency beginning today - 7.26.2018. This follows technological upgrades at the county’s 11 Public Safety Answering Points that receive 9-1-1 emergency calls. Customers of the four major wireless carriers can now send a text (up to 140 characters) directly to 9-1-1 in an emergency in which a call is not possible, or when speaking out loud would put the caller in danger. Also, Text-to-9-1-1 provides a route for the deaf, hard of hearing, and speech impaired. We have gotten a couple of questions on how to use Text-To-911 correctly and wanted to make sure we addressed those issues: * Area codes do not determine if your text goes through. * Do not text to test the system * To text 911, type 911 in the “To”, enter the location (+ city) and type of help needed (Police, Fire or Ambulance) in the Message, and Send.