THE ANNUAL SLHOA CHRISTMAS HOME DECOR EVENT - Our Annual Christmas Home Decor Event is organized by the Chair of the Social/Holiday Committee, Amber Cochran. Judging will be on Tuesday evening, 12.18.18. See flyer on Home section of this site for details!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
12.12.18 - The Sheriff's report from the last patrol noted three citations; one a formal warning and two citations for speeding. The Board is considering adjusting the speed limits in Sunset Lakes to protect our residents.
11.30.2018 - Speeding vehicles are an important issue for Sunset Lakes. With shallow setbacks and narrow streets, speeding in SL presents a risk to our residents. We have had some suggestions and are looking for more. Please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. Please include your name, address and phone contact in your communication.
11.26.2018 - The gate systems have been repaired and are working properly. Please notify the board at email@example.com if you find a problem.
11.20.18 Owners who have been serving on the Due Process Committee in 2017 may continue in place. Please contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
11.16.18 We now have a part time handyman who will be working on specific items in SL from time to time. Please contact the board with comments or questions at email@example.com .
1. The process to clear the storm water drainage easement at the rear of the SE & E Sunward Drive properties is underway. The drainage easement was first cleared of yard trash debris and overgrowth. It was also graded to permit water flow and then the berm of soil removed was raked smooth, seeded with rye and covered with hay for the winter. THe next step wil be to make sure the culverts and outflow courses are operational. Every Owner involved has been sent a certified letter explaining the process and need to remove personal items from the drainage easement and not to replace them. Call the board at 321.453.0220 for information.
2. Please periodically check your trees and if they are hanging over the road, lift them to 15 feet to avoid damage to school buses.
3. PUTTING YARD WASTE IN THE GUTTERS ENDANGERS THE PATENCY OF OUR STORMWATER DRAINAGE SYSTEM - POSSIBLY CAUSING A BLOCKAGE COSTING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO CLEAR &/or BACK- UP FLOODING PROPERTIES DURING A HEAVY RAIN EVENT - PUTTING YARD WASTE IN THE STREET IS A TRAFFIC SAFETY HAZARD. PLEASE USE THE APRON OF F YOUR DRIVEWAY FOR YARD WASTE. Note - Waste Management won't pick up garbage bags of yard waste.
4. If we as Owners engage a service to trim our trees or shrubs on our own property, we are each responsible to make sure they follow Brevard County Ordinance and remove those cuttings from the community at the time of the trimming. They should not be left at the residence, in the grass easement, the gutter or the street.
5. At a recent Board Meeting, sidewalk blocking was discussed. It is against Florida State Law and may present a safety hazard for our Owner and guest pedestrians. Our regular Deputy patrols and Covenant inspections may address any found. Please ensure the safety of our Owners and guests by not blocking the sidewalks with parked cars or other items such as pool drain pipes, motorcycles, yard waste, etc.
Sentry Management began service on July 1, 2018. Our Property Manager is Sue Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are new to Sunset Lakes, please contact Sentry Management, provide your contact information and request to have your personal code entered into the gate system, a remote for your convenience, as well as other information you may need as an new homeowner.
All Owners in SLHOA need to register to Register as an SLHOA homeowner on the Sentry website at http://accesssentrymgt.com/dx/sentrywp/index.html#. A tutorial is available to guide through the registration. For those who do not have access to a computer, please call Sentry and set up an appointment to go to the office in Rockledge and staff will help you register.
The dates for our semi-annual assessments (January 1 & July 1 of $330 each) and the amount have not changed. The invoices for January 1st may be sent in December.
Some Owners have chosen to send their semi annual dues ($330) via check to the Sentry office in Rockledge addressed to: Sunset Lakes Homeowners Association, Inc. c/o Sentry Management Company, 597 Haverty Court, Suite 110, Rockledge, Florida 32955. Be sure your check is payable to "Sunset Lakes Homeowners Association, Inc." and note your SLHOA property address on the check for proper credit. If payment is made on the Sentry website by credit card, an additional fee required. Cash is not accepted.