HOME Sunset Lakes Gazzette    

SUNSET LAKES HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
June 22, 2017
Moose Lodge, Merritt Island, FL 32953

Call to Order: Dave Cheney called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm.

Quorum: In attendance were Dave Cheney, Bertha Perrin (arrived about 7:30), Ashley Hammond, Bill Hillberg and Linda Stasik. Van Moore of APM was also present.

Approval of Meeting Minutes: Motion by Bill Hillberg, seconded by Ashley Hammond to approve the minutes of the May 25, 2017 board meeting as corrected. All in favor.

Treasurerís Report: Postponed until Bertha Perrin arrives.

Old Business/Action Items Update:

Security Cameras: Discussion regarding available monies from operating account or deferred maintenance. Dave will see what $5000 will cover. He still has bids from last year. Dave will report more information in July.

Island Lake berm clean-up: Reviewed bids for berm clean-up, trimming and removal of debris from Space Coast Landscaping ($13,500 not to exceed $15,000) Druse Landscaping and Tree Service ($15,225), US Lawns ($15,000) and BGM ($13,755). Motion by Bill Hillberg, seconded by Dave Cheney to hire BGM to complete the clean-up of the Island Lake berm along Tropical Trail. Discussion looked at the budgeted/actual numbers for tree trimming in our budget. Motion amended to ask BGM to revise their bid to $11,500 and if accepted, to begin work immediately. All in favor.

2017-2018 Board Goals: Bill/Linda: Bill will send the board members the By-Laws revision when completed. Should be complete by next meeting. Bertha/Ashley: Continuing to review lawn maintenance companiesí bids. One came in late last night.

Treasurerís Report: Bertha Perrin read the reserves and invoice expenditures for May. Motion by Ashley Hammond, seconded by Linda Stasik to accept the Treasurerís Report as presented. All in favor.

Action items update:
- Laying sod around Killarney Lake may begin shortly.
- Stenciling in the no parking areas is completed.
- Bollards have been installed at the front and back pedestrian gateways.

New Business:

4th of July Parade: Amber Cochran has volunteered to host the parade again this year. Motion by Ashley Hammond, seconded by Linda Stasik to donate $150.00 for prizes, drinks, etc. for the parade. All in favor. APM will donate $50.00 themselves. Amber mentioned that she never received the $150.00 donation for last yearís parade and Van said he would include it in this yearís check.

Mulching: New mulch was not applied as contracted on the two mulch-covered walkways to the main island. It was applied in other common areas of Sunset Lakes. Van will instruct the contractor to do so as soon as possible.

Sunset Lakes Drive Collapse: A hole has opened up just west of the 3-way stop sign. We need to ask Brevard Excavation and Landscaping, Inc. to inspect this hole and the two associated culverts when they come in to do the other repairs.

Gate Sensors: The sensors at the front gate are being lifted by an oak treeís roots. This needs to be looked at and repaired.

Phone Line: The phone line under the road to Island Estates is being repaired. Discussion regarding changing our internet/phone services from analog to digital for the gate system. Will look at costs at next meeting.

Next Meeting: Thursday, July 27, 2017 at the Moose Lodge.

Adjournment: Motion by Dave Cheney, seconded by Ashley Hammond to adjourn, all in favor. Meeting adjourned at 8:29.

Linda Stasik
Secretary

2017 SLHOA - All rights reserved